As a guitarist, I know you will be seeking ways to maximize your experience on the guitar. Not all strings will help you have an excellent experience while playing; you need to be selective. The fact that there are thousands of products in the market that you can pick from can really be confusing.
Have you ever seen a metal player who looks skillful, but plays so bad on his guitar? In most cases, it boils down to the type of string his guitar features. Guitar strings can make or mar every play session. No manufacturer will tell you their product is of low quality.
Hence, this article will deliver five of the best electric guitar strings for metal you can pick from. They tick the mark for all that you need in your guitar strings.
Criteria for Selecting Best Electric Guitar Strings for Metal
Here are essential points you must think about before selecting an electric guitar string for metal;
Gauge: this is, in fact, one of the most important things you must think about while choosing a string for your guitar. Many guitarists often prefer dedicated metal strings, while many prefer medium or heavy gauge (.011-.050 for medium, .012-. 054 for heavy)
Materials: if a guitar string will last long, the material plays a significant part. It affects both the feel and tone produced. You should go for pure nickel, nickel-plated steel, or stainless steel.
Coating: you should also be concerned about the coating of your string. It adds to the durability, aesthetics, and playability of your guitar. Some coating prevents, moisture, rust, and dust from affecting your strings,
Manufacturer: while some are professional at constructing strings, others are there for the money. If you want to enjoy the string you are picking, you must be sure that the manufacturer is reputable, and produces the best strings.
Best Electric Guitar Strings for Metal
1. GHS Strings DYM Guitar Boomers, Nickel-Plated Electric Guitar Strings, Wound G, Medium (.013-.056)
Every metal player should enjoy using this string. Several things make the electric guitar string an excellent option for metal players; for one, it features an air-tight fresh Nitro Pack design straight from the factory.
This nickel-plated string features a Roundwound design, and it delivers brilliant tones that are powerful. It features medium gauge which ranges from .013, .017, .0.26, .036, .044, and .056. This string is churned out of the very best and high-quality materials that help add quality to this product.
2. Elixir Strings Electric Guitar Strings
This electric guitar string is constructed with nickel-plated steel wrap wire, this makes it durable and perfect for playing metal music. It is also designed to play robust and warm tones, just the way you want it to sound. The string features the original POLYWEB Coating; this helps provide a slick and soft feel, which makes playing on this guitar easier.
The coating technology apart from the feel serves as protection for the guitar, it helps protect it against corrosion, rust, and help extend the lifespan of the string. This light gauge string comes in different gauge which includes; .010, .013, .017, 0.26, .036, and .046.
3. Elixir Strings 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings
This is another high-quality guitar string that is perfect for playing metal and related genres. The string features an ultra-thin NANOWEB coating, which helps deliver traditional texture and an uncoated feel. This coating technology also helps extend the lifespan of the string irrespective of the intensity of use; it also helps prevent rusting and corrosion. This guitar strong has an expensive vibrant presence and perfectly plays crisp and bright tones.
The acoustic guitar string is constructed with 80/20 bronze wrap wire. (80% of copper, and 20% zinc). This light gauge string includes; .012, .016, .024, .032, .042, and .053.
4. Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound Sets
This pack contains three individual strings, which are all constructed with high-quality material that makes them perfect for playing all genres, especially metal. This string has been used by a legend guitarist which signals at the authenticity of the string. The guitar string comes in an element shield packaging, which helps prolong the string lifespan and protect the string, helping it retain its freshness for as long as possible.
This string is made from nickel wire that is wrapped around a hex-shaped steel core wire. The plain strings are made of high-quality and tempered tin plated carbon steel, which helps the string deliver a balanced tone. Features gauges which include; 0.10, .013, .017, .026, .036, and .046.
5. Fender 150R Pure Nickel Electric Guitar Strings, Regular
This is another perfect string for your electric guitar that will help you deliver the right and high-quality tone you crave for. This string has been tested and found to feature designs that help it produce classic, round, and full tones. It features the highest quality wire available in the market, and a state of art design that helps it deliver vintage tone, consistency, and modern-day feel.
To keep the string factory fresh, all strings are optimized with the latest manufacturing technology, which helps them retain their fresh until you lay your hands on them. String gauge includes; 0.10, .013, .017, .026, .036, and .046.
In this review so far, we have explored the important criteria that will help you select the best electric guitar strings for metal. We have also gone ahead to deliver 5 of the very best you can lay your hands on.
The Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound Sets is the most expensive of all listed product, and it embodies a whole lot of beauty, the GHS Strings DYM Guitar Boomers is another top quality that you can also explore being the cheapest. All products listed in this article are designed to make you play with ease and enjoy every play session.
- High-voltage Dime Bag Darrell - nickel plated electric Guitar strings: Medium to heavy 10-52
- Signature strings played by the late metal icon Dime Bag Darrell
- Feature a hexagonal core wire and nickel-plated steel wrap wire treated with string life, a molecular bonding liquid polymer that protects them from...
- As Darrell used to say, “they’re great for everything, from big OL’ string bends, to huge whammy bar dives, perfect for blood curdling harmonic...
- 10, 13, 17, 30, 44, 52
- Model: GBM
- Roundwound Nickel-Plated Steel on a Hex Core
- Offers a brilliant tone and powerful attack, THE POWER STRING.
- Medium Gauge: 011-015-018-026-036-050
- PLAY FEARLESSLY –D’Addario’s NYXL Nickel Plated Electric Guitar Strings feature a newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon steel core and...
- STAY IN TUNE – With NYXL’s improved tuning stability compared to traditional nickel wound strings, you can get in tune faster and stay in tune...
- CUT THROUGH THE MIX – NYXL nickel plated wound strings feature an enhanced mid-range frequency response in the 1 - 3.5 kHz range which gives you...
- STRING GAUGES – NYXL1046-3P offers an ideal combination of comfortable playability and ideal electric tone: Plain Steel .010, .013, .017, Nickel...
- MADE IN THE USA – D’Addario leverages centuries of string-making experience and advanced computer-controlled winding technology to bring you the...
- Model: BCCL
- Roundwound Pure Nickel on a Hex Core
- Slightly larger core wire for improved tone and increased sustain.
- Custom Light Gauge: 009 1/2-011 1/2-016-028-038-048
- Nickel-Plated Steel outer wrap.
- Perfect blend of "highs" and "lows."
- Suitable for all styles of music!
- Gauges: 009, 011, 016, 024, 032, 042
- ELECTRIC GUITAR STRINGS – ELECTRIX uncoated strings are expertly crafted in the USA to provide bright and exceptional tonal quality and a high...
- UNCOATED NATURAL FOR PURE TONE – These strings feature a high-carbon steel hex-core pulled to optimal tension and wound with American-sourced...
- OPTIONS – ELECTRIX guitar strings for 6 string electric guitar are available in UltraLight (9/42), Light Mix (9/46), Bright Light (10/46), Coated...
- Backed by Bog Street 100% Satisfaction Guarantee