A lot of individuals have been stuck with making a decision on how to begin producing sounds with MPCs and oftentimes they don’t even know which is the best MPC for beginners.
Having found this to be a significant challenge for beginners, we have decided to help with the buying process by doing ourown research in the market. We have thoroughly searched through the market of MPCs, and we have been able to come out with the best five in the market.
Also, you will find a list of criteria for selecting the best MPC as a beginner in this article.
Criteria For Selecting The Best MPC For Beginner
As a beginner, you should consider the four criteria before making your MPC purchase.
Durability: The MPC you are going to be getting must be durable. Pay special attention to the pads because they are going to be used on a large scale. The design must be well grounded to withstand rugged use so you won’t have to invest in a new device within a short space of time.
Features: This is by far the most important thing to consider before going to shop for your MPC. You will need to do proper research and know the necessary features for your MPC. This is primarily due to the fact that all MPCs comes with varying functions. As a beginner, a lot of these functions might just be useless to you.
Sound: This is another essential factor that requires a lot of attention because what you want is to deliver the best to your audience. An MPC with the best sound delivery should come with great effect or tuning features that will make the sound clear and unique.
Setup: We have two types of MPCs. They are known as hybrid and analog MPCs. Therefore, you have to pay attention to what you think will make your learning very easy and fast. Both can be used by beginners but often times beginners are advised to use analog MPCs because of its quick and easy-to-understand setup.
Best MPC For Beginner
1. Native Instruments Maschine Mk3 Drum Controller
For a very long time now, the native instrument company have done a lot to improve compact music with their electronics and you can bank on the Maschine MK3 drum controller to also bring great quality.
For beginners, you can use the Maschine Mk3 Drum Controller to perform and deliver the best of music anywhere.
Finding the sound you want is now even easier because the MK3 allows you to use the multi-colored pads to assign sounds, patterns, scenes and colors to your kick drums.
Sensitivity and dynamics can be immediately picked up by this device and you will love that transport controls are well labeled for your convenience.
Also, it comes with integrated hardware and software system that promises mixer, FX, arranger, sampler and many more.
Finally, you can bank on the Smart Strip function for pitch bending sounds, strumming notes and much more.
2. Akai Professional MPC X | Fully Standalone MPC
A great stand-alone device that comes with the latest MPC software, it also comes with a 10.1-inch high-resolution touch display.
The Akai Professional MPC has a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection which allows for a smooth link with Ableton.
With great features like 16 MPC pads, 16 touch-capacitive Q-links coupled with OLED displays, full monitoring control, transport controls and much more will give you access to advanced controls.
With this device, you will be able to get limitless sounds and inspirations through the associated vaults 2.0. These vaults feature sample leading designs like MVP loops, TOOLROOM, CR2 Records, CAPSUN ProAudio and LOOPMASTERS.
The outboard control comes with 4 midi outputs, 2 midi inputs with 8 configurable CV/gates output that permits analogue control of modular gears. Check here for other AKAI MPC series.
3. Roland Aira TR-8 Rhythm Performer
Beginners will definitely have a great time learning with this device because of its great design and the diverse array of features to make your experience even better.
With the available dedicated knob, you can make the intensity of the control to function seamlessly. This device is also has a large tempo knob and tap tempo button all for shuffle adjustment knobs.
The Roland Aira TR-8 Rhythm Performer provides you with absolute flexibility when mixing, thanks to the double assignable analog outputs that work through a USB channel.
Additionally, this device comes offering 4 characters LED display, 7 segments and 16 per step pads that deliver full-color LEDs.
With the real-time pattern creation, you can create about 32 steps and you will be able to make use of the fly step count adjustment.
4. ArturiaDrumBrute Analog Drum Machine
This analog hardware drum machine is practically one of the best you can get in the market. It ticks all boxes in terms of quality.
The ArturiaDrumBrute Analog Drum Machine you will be able to create a great number of high performance and basic editing.
You will have access to 17 true analog sounds, a distinct and high-performing effect coupled with an advanced step sequencer.
Connectivity on this device is absolutely topnotch plus you will be able to effect quick changes on this device.
Beginners will find this very easy to use because of its simple design. The best part of this device is that any device can be connected to it.
Finally, it comes with a reduced noise floor and great audio specifications.
5. Akai MPC Renaissance
This is one of the most powerful and strong devices in the market presently. The syncing of this with a computer is very straightforward. It is practically durable. The sturdy design and pads make it super conducive and easy to use.
It comes with 16 backlit MPC pads, a super vivid LCD screen, four-channel USB 2.0 ports, 16 Q-link controls, 8 bank pads and many more functions to choose from.
It comes with a software bundle, you will love the output you get.
You can easily carry out looping with the edit functions. You can as well have a better and bigger music library with 9GB storage space.
Finally, with the dedicated turntable inputs, you will capture samples with ease.
As a beginner, you need to buy the MPC that will satisfy your needs. It must have the right features to deliver the best sounds. Having read through this article, we believe you would be able to choose the best MPC for beginners while also knowing what to consider before making a purchase.
Finally, all of the listed products in this article have been well verified. They have passed to be perfect for any beginner out there.
Take a look at these products also:
- Production on the move: Ultra compact mpc fuses legendary mpc production with the processing power of your computer; Compact design is less than 1 ½...
- MPC software: Production suite combining 128 track sequencing capability, real time time stretching, advanced midi editing capability, VST...
- MPC workflow: 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, legendary MPC workflow & MPC swing, note repeat & full level controls and touch sensitive knobs provide...
- Reimagined aesthetics: New rugged design with black brushed aluminium body and refined aluminium data dial
- Infinite sounds, unlimited inspiration; includes the bank; an MPC expansion workstation packed with in demand sounds including basses, leads, effects,...
- Sample Playback - Load and playback virtually any mono or stereo sample via standard SD or SDHC card
- Finger Drumming Essentials - Eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, ideal for triggering drum sounds, melodies, basslines and more.
- Control Anything - Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear using MPX8's onboard USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs...
- Tweak Your Sound - Edit your samples and make them your own using MPX8's sample kit editor (PC & MAC) featuring tuning and reverb controls; save...
- Connectivity Covered - (2) Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35mm) and 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5mm) connects MPX8 to virtually all studio and live...
- Compact, music production instrument that integrates powerful software with tactile, responsive hardware
- Four ways to input sound using the 16 pads – drum in pad mode, play melodies in Keyboard mode, create chord progressions in Chord mode, and program...
- Software - use on its own or as a VST, Audio Unit, or AAX plug-in in all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, and FL Studio).An...
- 1.6 GB MASCHINE Factory Selection with samples, one-shots, loops, sample instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
- Powered via USB 2.0. System Requirements- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM. Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit...
- ★Fader potentiometer (S1,S2) ★unlimited rotation data regulator (K1,K2) ★ 16 drum pads
- ★“Pad/cc” key ★“prig/reset” key ★“bank-(1/2/3)”key ★“channel/save” key ★“beat” key ★“set/tempo” key
- There will be a USB jack on the side of the unit. The unit will be a Class compliant with both Mac and Pc. It will mount as a USB-MIDI device. The...
- Attachment owner's manual、 one standard USB Cable.
- Tight integration with included Studio One Artist and Ableton Live (live 10 Lite included) music production software gets your mind off the screen and...
- Produce, play virtual instruments, and trigger samples and loops with unsurpassed expressiveness and flexibility.
- Trigger loops and effects and play virtual instruments with 16 full-size velocity- and pressure-sensitive, RGB LED pads (and 8 assignable pad banks).
- Comes with over $1000 of computer recording software plug-ins – Studio Magic Plug-In Suite.
- Selectable pad velocity curves and pressure thresholds customize the pads' response for maximum expression.
- Compact and portable professional music production tool
- Tone, Drum Kit, and Looper (Audio Loop) track types
- Connections include 1/4" phone jacks, MIDI and USB ports
- SD card included for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- Power with 4 AA batteries or USB