The samplers are used to record and modify a specific sound as preferred. The best thing about a sampler is that it is possible to create music without a PC.
The quality of samplers drastically improved over the years, so there are many great options on the market for new and more experienced users.
As deciding on a brand and controls are not the only factors to consider, this article will provide enough information for those new to sampling.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the best samplers to get in 2022.
Best Samplers – Get Creative & Generate New Sounds
1. AKAI Professional MPC X – the best premium choice
Even though inexperienced users might prefer a more affordable sampler, this is the best option to get a premium experience.
Without any question, this is a studio-level sampler with a simple and intuitive interface with the latest functionality.
The newest USB Audio Support provides an ideal control and enough interface support with 32 available inputs and outputs simultaneously.
The RGB backlit pads are included for a better visual experience. Additionally, the highest level of personalization is achieved with touch-sensitive Q-Links with OLED displays.
This sampler comes with Akai Professional MPC 2 software drives. That said, all tools required for professional sampling are available.
Browsing to get a sample is fast and simplified with the onboard Splice and Ableton Live Integration.
The MPC X is definitely among the best samplers on the market. Still, beginners who need a more affordable product should consider another option.
|Dimensions||15.27 x 19.86 x 8.41 inches|
2. TC-Helicon GOXLR – best value for the price
GOXLR is a perfect option for those who prefer to set up a home studio and perform the most detailed sampling.
Controlling the audio sources is smooth and fast due to the 4-channel mixer. The volume control makes a huge difference for every sample.
This home studio sampler includes Reverb, Echo, Pitch, Shift and many other useful vocal effects to get the best audio quality.
GOXLR also comes with RGB lighting that can be customized to the user’s preference. There are many lighting effects to choose from.
This sampler is a great option for using various additional devices since it comes with many inputs. That said, connecting mic, headphones and line is available.
Precise control over the sound is possible with the GOXLR application. This application includes advanced and intuitive controls.
Considering the quality, price and features it provides, this product might be the best option for inexperienced users.
|Dimensions||6.5 x 11 x 2.75 inches|
3. Teenage Engineering PO-33 – top budget pick
The PO-33 is definitely among the best budget samplers. That said, this is a micro sampler that can fit into a pocket.
This sampler is the perfect combination of portable design and studio-quality sound to create an original sample.
With the built-in microphone, it is possible to record up to 40 seconds. Also, 8 melodic or 8 drums slots can be used.
There are 16 different sound effects to mix in real-time with parameter locks. The main effects include scratches, octaves, loops and unisons.
Jam Sync feature provides users with an option to combine drum machine, bass and lead synthesizers.
The performances are not the best, but it is worth buying for casual and professional use, considering this is a micro sampler.
|Storage||40 seconds recording memory|
|Dimensions||8.35 x 11.03 x 3.11 inches|
4. Elektron Digitakt DDS-8
This sampler is a perfect option for those who are looking to get a flexible sound engine with a voice drum, dedicated tracks and OLED screen.
Digitakt will provide a high value for new and more experienced users. It is made to be durable since it includes the latest hi res encodes and high-quality backlit buttons.
Also, it is a flexible sampler. It comes with more than 400 factory samples that can be used to get the desired sound effect.
With dedicated tracks, it is possible to control an external MIDI gear. Additionally, Overbridge support is also available.
The 64MB of sample memory might not be the best, but 1GB of onboard storage is more than enough considering this is a compact drum machine.
The best thing about this sampler might be the OLED screen that provides a clear and user-friendly interface.
|Storage||64MB sample & 1 GB onboard storage|
|Dimensions||11.5 x 11.5 x 4.8 inches|
5. Akai Professional MPC Studio
This sampler is a great alternative for those who prefer to use an Akai Professional sampler. It is not a premium sampler, but it works great for beginners.
Using this sampler with a PC requires an additional driver. That said, it is free and available on the Akai website.
Even though this is not the smallest sampler, it is highly portable due to the Professional Go design.
This sampler comes with real MPC pads, standard workflow and the latest MPC software. The MPC software delivers a portable production solution for every user. Additionally, there are 128 available tracks sequencing and eight pad banks.
The MPC300 and two MPC expansion packs feature more than 7GB of a sound library.
As the USB-powered connection is built-in, there is no need for a PC as most users prefer to connect the MPC studio to the laptop.
Like any other high-quality sampler, it also features a large LCD screen for the best user experience.
MPC Studio is recommended for casual and professional users.
|Storage||7GB sound library|
|Dimensions||10.1 x 11.2 x 1.55 inches|
6. Akai Professional MPX16
This is a highly-rated sampler that is simple to use and it performs better than most premium samplers on the market.
MPX16 is known for versatility since it allows users to trigger sound samples from a standard SD card or SDHC card. PC is not required to create drum breaks or loops.
This sampler also features the latest sampler player. The player includes 16 premium backlit velocity-sensitive pads. These pads are useful for sample triggering and finger drumming.
The MPK Mini MKII keyboard is designed for maximum portability. It does not require any additional software drivers or external power adapter. In other words, this is a plug-and-play sampler with USB-MIDI.
Another great feature is the APC Key 25. This controller works perfectly with any high-performance keyboard.
A High-resolution multitouch display makes a huge difference for those who need a production workflow.
Overall there is no reason to avoid this sampler, as it might be the best on the market within the price range.
|Storage||SD or SDHC card|
|Dimensions||5.76 x 11.64 x 1.2 inches|
7. Roland SP-4O4SX Linear Wave
SP-404SX is a portable sampler known for great build quality, flexibility and high performance.
Featuring 25 DSP effects, this sampler can switch between these effects smoothly during any performance. There are also a few filers and delays available for the perfect sound control.
The DJFX Looper makes it easy to create short loops and reverse playback. That said, the SP-4O4SX works perfectly for DJs and musicians.
This sampler also comes with a built-in microphone. The recording can also be performed with an external microphone.
The LED screen is combined with 12 trigger pads and Sub Pad with intuitive controls. With these options, it is quite simple to control loops and patterns.
There is no need to worry about storage since a 1GB SD card is included. Even if that is not enough, expanding the storage with a 32GB SDHC card is possible.
The software is available for Apple and Windows operating systems. WAV and AIFF files are also supported and easily modified.
|Storage||1 GB SD & 32 GB SDHC card|
|Dimensions||7 x 10 x 3 inches|
Considering a few important factors is very important to get the best sampler for a specific need. Even though most experienced users won’t need additional information, beginners should not ignore these factors.
The memory determines how many sounds can be used at the same time. It is recommended to get a sampler with at least 8MB of internal memory. Casual users might find this is more than enough, but it is not the same for professional use.
The memory is quite cheap and it is possible to use third-party memory expansions. In every case, using feats or loops with trigger effects might not be as smooth if the sampler lacks a memory.
Since there are different shapes and sizes of samplers, the portability should not be ignored. Without any question, those who are trying to make a professional studio should get a full-size sampler.
Still, considering some users prefer to work on the go, a huge sampler is not the best option. In that case, the micro sampler will be the way to go since it provides the highest portability.
Even though micro samplers are improved over the last few years, they still can’t be compared to standard samplers. Overall, casual users do not require premium effects and high performance. Also, there is an option to get a mid-size sampler that works fine for the studio and is highly portable.
There are two types of samplers the most basic samplers and premium(professional) samplers. Basic samplers can be used to slightly modify a specific audio material with vocal chops or loops.
On the other hand, DJs require more advanced samplers that are more suitable for live events. Using a premium sampler provides an ultimate modification by creating a unique sound effect.
The main difference is the price since professional samplers are quite expensive. Inexperienced users should start with an affordable sampler with an option to upgrade if required.
Another important thing to consider is the manufacturer of the sampler. Like with any other product, it is very important to avoid low-quality samplers.
This might not be as simple to do since the market is filled with many different brands. Essentially going for a well-known manufacturer will guarantee at least the basic functionality and durability. This is especially important when buying a budget sampler with a short warranty.
Which sampler is the simplest to use?
When looking for an easy-to-use sampler, the best thing to check is the software support and users manual. There are many samplers with intuitive software and easy display control. Also, going for a professional sampler is not the best option for beginners.
Which is the best premium sampler on the market?
AKAI Professional MPC X is definitely among the best samplers on the market. Still, this is not the only option since the market is filled with many premium samplers. The MPC X is often used by DJs and musicians. It includes the latest features and high performance for every audio modification.
Can I use a sampler without a computer?
Definitely yes. It is possible to get a sampling workstation to create music without a computer. Nowadays, samplers are more powerful and there is no need for additional performance. That said, this does not apply to every sampler on the market.
What is the most ideal sampler for a beginner?
Teenage Engineering PO-33 is a budget micro sampler and it is quite simple to use. This sampler does not include the latest features and it lacks performance for professional use. Still, it allows an adequate audio control and provides many great sound effects.
Deciding on a high-quality sampler will definitely have a huge impact on the workflow. Also, great samplers are the ones that allow users to completely apply the desired sound effect to a specific audio material.
The main goal of this article is to help inexperienced users find the best sampler to meet the user’s needs and requirements. Lastly, the information provided might even help some more experienced users looking to get a newer sampler.
Check this also:
- Premium Material &Portable Size:Made of strong and durable nylon material,heavy-duty and shockproof. Interior dimensions: 22" X 11" X 3.5".
- This bag makes it possible to pack up your pedalboard anytime, anywhere.
- 2 Ways To Carry: Comes with a padded handle & 2 adjustable shoulder straps ,which makes carrying your DJ controller much more comfortable.
- Better Protection with Padding: The foam padded walls help protect your equipment from becoming damage.
- 100% Risk Free Buy: We are confident with our Micro Controllers gig bag quality, if you are not satisfied with our product within one year, feel free...
- Beat Maker Essential - Standalone Mpc, Sampler, Drum Machine And Midi Controller (For The Included Mpc Software – Mac / Pc) With The Powerful...
- Developed For The Modern Music Producer – 16 Velocity Sensitive Rgb Beat Pads, 7” High-Resolution Multi-Touch Display, Touch Capacitive Encoders...
- Connectivity - Midi In / Midi Out For Control Of Synthesizers And Drum Machines; (2) Line Inputs For Recording / Sampling; (2) Line Outputs; Headphone...
- On Demand Sound - Custom Sample & Loop Library; Exclusive Standalone Synth Engines (Electric, Tubesynth And Bassline); Premium Air Fx For Mixing &...
- 🔥【Multifunctional Live Sound Card, Audio Mixer Sound Board Card】- The K300 live sound card can be used for DJ, music studio recording,...
- 🔥【LED Button Light and Multiple Effects, Modes and Gameplay】- The K300 live sound card is equipped with seven different colors of breathing...
- 🔥【Powerful Function】- Tuning knob design, with 12 kinds of electricity sound and 20 warming up sound effects, support elimination of...
- 🔥【Multi-Device Support】- Compatible for double cell phone live, mobile phone computer synchronous live, one computer live, computer...
- 🔥【Wide Applicability & Notes】- The K300 sound board is perfect for Live Stream, Podcasting, YouTube kind of videos, Gaming play online, studio...
- ALL IN ONE and EASY TO USE: Works as a USB sound card plus mixing station. Integrating audio mixing equipment into 1 comprehensive solution. It...
- SPECIAL EFFECTS: Four user recordable, eight Built-in special audio effects, and various adjustments available for your creation. Fixed audio effects...
- BORN FOR LIVE STREAMING: MAONO DJ mixer controller supports up to 2 person, 4 devices and 4 platforms to stream simultaneously. Highlights of this...
- START YOUR OWN CONCERT: 10-step reverb & 12-step electronic music & 3 modifiable tones (Treble, mid-range, bass) make this audio interface more...
- PACKAGE LIST: 1* MIC, 1* Mic Cable, 1* Mic tripod, 1* windscreen muff, 1* Audio interface mixer, 1* Charging cable, 2* 3.5mm TRRS Audio Cable, 1* User...
- Standalone Piano Style Keyboard – Portable mini keyboard and USB MIDI controller with 25 velocity-sensitive synthesizer action keys, pitch/mod...
- Play Anywhere – Built in speaker, 1/8-inch headphone output and battery powered specification (3 x AA batteries – not included) for performing and...
- Beat Maker Essential – Two banks of eight ultra-responsive backlit MIDI drum pads with Note Repeat and Full Level functions for drum machine style...
- Tweak, Customize – Two banks of four knobs (eight total) to tweak internal sounds or software parameters; in standalone mode control chorus, reverb,...
- The MPC Production Experience - Includes MPC Beats Software complete with the finest features and essential production tools from the Akai...
- Complete Control – Ultra portable USB MIDI Controller for Ableton Live, perfect for mobile music performance and production
- Jam, Compose, Create - 8x8 MIDI clip matrix with tri-color lighting seamlessly integrates 1-to-1 with Ableton Live - perfect for clip launching,...
- Integrated MIDI Mixer - 8 assignable faders + 1 master fader instantly map to Ableton live's mixer for hands-on mix control
- Tweak Your Sound - Seamlessly map APC Mini's controls to virtual effect and instrument parameters for expressive, immersive performances
- Simple Setup - USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for Mac and PC
- The perfect DJ controller to introduce you to DJing, with Serato DJ Lite included
- Built-in sound card to pre-listen to the headphones and speaker outputs
- Control the back, lights on the base: RGB and strobe effects
- All the essential features: bass/filter, Hot cue modes, loop, FX, Sampler, pressure sensitive jog wheels, etc.
- Compact and easy to carry wherever you want
- Music Production and Beat Maker Essential – USB powered MIDI controller with 25 mini MIDI keyboard velocity-sensitive keys for studio production,...
- Total Control of your Production - Innovative 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control, plus a built-in arpeggiator with adjustable...
- The MPC Experience - 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style MIDI beat pads with Note Repeat and Full Level for programming drums, triggering samples...
- Complete Command of your Virtual Instruments and FX - 8 360-degree knobs assign to all your music studio plugins for mixing, tweaking synth controls...
- 1500 plus Sounds and Everything You Need for Pro Production – Complete Music Production Starter Kit including MPC Beats, 6 Virtual Instruments and...
- Beat Production, Anywhere - Ultra-portable, feature-packed and USB powered pad controller with 16 thick fat MPC pads for triggering drums, melodic...
- Expandable Banks - Easily accessible dedicated controls for three pad banks provides a total of 48 assignable pads
- Assignable Control - 18 fully assignable 360-Degree potentiometers accessible via three banks for controlling DAW, virtual effect and virtual...
- Feature Packed - MPC note repeat and full level controls for immersive expressive performances
- Comprehensive Software Suite Included - Ableton Live Lite, Drum Synth 500 by AIR Music Tech